The SECAC Award for Excellence in Teaching - Deadline February 6, 2017
Awarded in recognition of outstanding teaching by a SECAC member who demonstrates an exceptional command of his or her discipline through the ability to teach effectively, impart knowledge, and inspire students. A brief description of the nominee's teaching philosophy should be included.
To nominate an individual for the SECAC Award for Excellence in Teaching, send a letter of nomination specifying the nominee and the intended award with the nominee’s CV to Sandra Reed at by February 6, 2017; all supporting materials are due by March 1, 2017 (upload or postmark). The nominee's SECAC membership status should be current at the time of nomination.
To nominate a group of collaborators, an organization, or an institution, the nominator should send a letter of nomination specifying the intended award and nominee(s) to Sandra Reed at by February 6, 2017; all supporting materials are due by March 1, 2017 (upload or postmark). In the case of a collaborating group or organization, at least one person must be a current SECAC member; a CV for this individual should accompany the nomination letter. In the case of an institution, the institution must be a current SECAC institutional member at the time of nomination.
Supporting materials should include the nominee's teaching philosophy and document the nominee’s ability to teach effectively, impart knowledge, and inspire students. Supporting materials should not exceed 10 pages; this limit excludes the nomination letter, CV, and teaching philosophy. These materials may be provided by either the nominator or the nominee, however, all materials are to be submitted together. Choose one of the two methods for submission of supporting materials.
(1) by upload to Google Drive or Dropbox and shared with
Prepare documents as PDFs and images as JPEGs. JPEG files should be no larger than 2MB each, 1500 ppi on the longest side, and not exceed 20 in number, or
(2) by mail, for awards including a book or catalogue, to Sandra Reed, Director, School of Art & Design, Marshall University, 927 Third Avenue, Huntington WV 25701.
Nominators will be notified of results on or about August 15, 2017. For questions, contact .
- 2016 - Kristy Deetz, University of Wisconsin-Green Bay
- 2015 - Debra Murphy, University of North Florida
- 2014 - Jeff Schwartz, Ringling College of Art and Design
- 2013 - Scott Betz, Winston-Salem State University
- 2012 - Deborah Huelsberger, University of Missouri
- 2012 - Linda Gigante, University of Louisville
- 2011 - Ruth Bolduan, Virginia Commonwealth University
- 2011 - Dorothy Joiner, LaGrange College
- 2010 - Pamela Simpson, Washington and Lee University
- 2010 - James Alexander, University of Alabama at Birmingham
- 2010 - Mary Stewart, Florida State University
- 2010 - William R. Levin, Centre College
- 2008 - Ute Wachsmann-Linnan, Columbia College
- 2008 - Robert Lyon, University of South Carolina
- 2007 - Lauren Garber Lake, University of Florida
- 2007 - Reni Gower, Virginia Commonwealth University
- 2007 - Andrew Ladis, University of Georgia
- 2004 - Jane Allen Nodine, University of South Carolina Upstate
- 2004 - Porter Aichele, University of North Carolina at Greensboro
- 2003 - Elizabeth Bailey, Wesleyan College
- 2003 - Vida Hull, East Tennessee State University
- 2002 - Amy Lixi-Purcell, University of North Carolina at Greensboro