SECAC Online Exhibition Review Guidelines
Established in 2017 and operating separately from SECAC’s Art Inquiries print publication, SECAC Online Exhibition Reviews presents independently edited, short and timely visual art exhibition reviews.
Exhibition Review Submission Guidelines: Ongoing
Submissions of completed reviews of exhibitions on view within six months of submission date are accepted via email to . Completed articles must be accompanied by one image with the permission of use and caption. Submissions should be accompanied with a short 50-word biographical statement.
Writers must refrain from reviewing exhibitions to which they have a personal connection. Reviews cannot be authored by the curator or artists involved in the exhibition. Writers must have seen the exhibition in person.
- English only
- 500-word length maximum
- Font, Helvetica, 12 point
- Chicago Manual of Style guidelines for citations
- If there is an accompanying exhibition catalog, give citation.
- One image identified with caption and photo permission/credit
- Essay and image saved as one .doc with author’s last name and date as the filename
- Header on document must include: Exhibition Title (in italics); venue name; city, state; dates of exhibition; field/style/movement type; author name (First Last; no prefix) and institutional affiliation (or “Independent Scholar”).
- Indicate copyright preference in email cover letter with 50-word bio
After the review is submitted to the managing editor at , it will be forwarded to the appropriate field editor. Writers will be notified within two weeks regarding acceptance or rejection. If the article is accepted, field editors will edit for accuracy, communicate with author and post accordingly.
SECAC Online Exhibition Reviews editors reserve the right to decline an exhibition review for any reason without notice or justification.